cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM & ADDM | Check Point | Process?

Hello Dear Community,

I had a question on top of my head - We have SCCM and ADDM that bring in inventory for a device let's say.

Then, my question is - if there are mismatch in the data that is being brought in by the two integrations, is Flexera capable of triggering an email with a report that states, the data from both sources are not in match for the said device.

This could help us to contact the SCCM and ADDM folks to make checks on data accuracy. I want to know how Flexera deals with such issues. Do we completely rely on the source of truth to be accurate or can we have something as this - a report and an email

Thank you 

Abhilash M

(2) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Abhilash,

I think, there is no such thing by default. If you are running an on prem FNMS, you should be able to report inventory differences from the ImportedComputer table. You'll have to decide what is really a noteworthy difference, because otherwise, there might be just too much to go through.

One thing maybe: I have seen ADDM deliver additional evidences from their own application recognition. While this can be a good thing, I have seen examples where ADDM delivered Linux applications as "commercial" when actually free versions were used. So please take that with a grain of salt. ADDM recognition data usually gets its own evidence type ("ADDM"), so you should be able to spot them.

Best regards,

Markward

I agree with @mfranz in that based on my experience, ADDM will capture more software evidence than SCCM as it is easier to customize and create additional "patterns".  For example, ADDM captures additional WMI evidence and is able to determine what edition of SQL Server is installed, SCCM does not do this.

Therefore, if you are scanning a Windows Server with both ADDM and SCCM, I would recommend that you make sure that ADDM is your primary source of inventory.