cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run mgspolicy.exe -t Machine silently on Client Machines?

Hi I have a small population of machines which are not uploading inventory. It's a small population but significant 13% (Windows and Macs). I have searched this forum and have noticed that rerunning the policy download can help (mgspolicy.exe -t Machine). And in fact this is working great on all my tests. So now I want to deploy this command to my machines that are not updating. Here's the problem. When I run mgspolicy.exe -t machine, a Flexera Window pops up. I can not mass deploy this command and have a Window pop up on hundreds of machines. I tried using the following switches to see if there is a silent option -h /h /? /help but nothing comes up. Is there a way for me to run this command silently or at least minimized? I am using SCCM for my Windows Machines and Jamf for Macs.

-TKE402-

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Try adding -o UILevel=Quiet to the command line:

mgspolicy.exe -t Machine -o UILevel=Quiet

See the following page for more information about the UILevel preference: UserInteractionLevel (installation component)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Try adding -o UILevel=Quiet to the command line:

mgspolicy.exe -t Machine -o UILevel=Quiet

See the following page for more information about the UILevel preference: UserInteractionLevel (installation component)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)