cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict SCCM invetory import within Beacon to specific Collection

Hi,

Is it possible to restrict SCCM import in FlexNet manager to specific collection. Use case is when  customer has bought N number of FlexNet manager licenses but they have N+1000 total number of machines in SCCM. How can we restrict extra machines in FlexNet Manager.

Thanks and Regards,

FL 

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq
(5) Replies

@fawad_laiq 

Yes, this is possible. 

You could create a customized SCCM Adapter.

In that one you can adjust in the computer.xml the queries that build the list of relevant computers for import.

In your case, you could join the existing queries with your specific collection .

You should to be careful how you define your collection. If your collection is too dynamic, you might have a different machine list with each import, causing lots of adding and removal tasks in FNMS.

I have done somthing similar once for one of my customers who wanted to import only computers, from one of the SCCM sources, that can be found on a defined name list.

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the response. Do you have any documentation explaining custom import?

Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq
Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq

@fawad_laiq 

Unfortunately, I can't find an official Flexera documentation for that. 

An  second way would be to import everything from SCCM and afterwards you set all those devices in which you are not interested to "Ignore" (i.e. via WebGUI or SQL Queries in the Compliance DB tables)

You can find information about configuring custom inventory adapters in the “The Inventory Adapter Studio” chapter of the Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference guide. This documentation is more targeted at configuring your own adapters though, and while many of the concepts apply to modifying out-of-the-box adapters, you may need to apply some interpretation. The internal implementation details of out-of-the-box adapters like the SCCM adapter are not externally documented.

Also be aware that the approach of tweaking the SCCM adapter will only work with FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises deployments; it is not possible to do this with FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud where the out-of-the-box adapters cannot be modified.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am not very expert in custom adaptor would need to do some home work. I could not get chance to test it till now.

I would see, when I can test this. Thanks a lot once again.

KR,
FLaiq
Thanks & Regards,
Fawad Laiq