cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting on oracle options

Hello Everyone,

Is information about Oracle options imported to any db?

From .ndi files, I can see the information about Oracle options is collected. Then it must be processed, because we can see installations of products that depend on those options.

I am however, not able to see that information anywhere in fnms schema. Does anyone know if such data is accessible?

Kind regards,

Jan

(1) Solution

Hello @JanPie   

Have a look at the recent roadmap updates from Flexera, this enhancement is coming in a near/future release.

Regards

Jens

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
Hi JanPie, This really depends on the FNMS license in use. In the past the collection of Oracle DB instances, options and management packs was a licensable module "FlexNet Manager for Oracle". You can check if this is activated by going to System Settings - FlexNet Manager Suite License. If yes, then there is a report available from the Discovery & Inventory Menu called Oracle Instances. Here you can review all instances and the respective installed options and their usage. May I also suggest you review the FNMS Database schema - just search for Oracle and you will find all relevant tables where Oracle details are stored. https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms2019r1/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNMSSchemaReference.pdf Best regards, Tracey
Hello Tracey, Thank you for your reply. I found the view you mentioned and it does contain all the information about Options we needed. Is it possible to go one level down, and see what features caused recognition of an Option usage? For example Advanced Compression depends on Backup ZLIB Compression, Backup HIGH Compression etc..

Hello @JanPie   

Have a look at the recent roadmap updates from Flexera, this enhancement is coming in a near/future release.

Regards

Jens

Hello @JensWalton Thank you for the update! In this case, I will keep on reviewing .ndi files until said enhancement is in place. Hopefully it's quite soon, because it will bring a lot of value 🙂 Kind regards, Jan

Hi @JanPie .  If you are a Hosted customer you will see this enhancement first.  Unfortunately as an on-premise customer I will have to wait a little longer (c. 3 months)

Jens