cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing an interactive account from FNMS

Hi,

How can we remove a user account from FNMS console ?

I can not see a remove option with in the console , in that case can we remove the account from database ?

Please suggest your thoughts and suggestions on this .

Regards,

Junaid Vengdan

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Fully removing operator accounts isn't really viable as operator details are tied to various persistent data in the system such as history and audit trails. However you can disable operator accounts:

1. Select system menu > Accounts
  2. Select the operator(s) to disable
  3. Click the Disable button

This looks like the following:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Fully removing operator accounts isn't really viable as operator details are tied to various persistent data in the system such as history and audit trails. However you can disable operator accounts:

1. Select system menu > Accounts
  2. Select the operator(s) to disable
  3. Click the Disable button

This looks like the following:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

We noted the feedback.

in case we need to remove a test account or  dummy account , is it recommended to do so ?

in that case , is there any way from DB we can perform this action? 

Regards,

Junaid Vengadan

It's recommended to disable (not delete) operator accounts once you no longer have any need for them.

Somebody might have a script to delete operator accounts through direct database manipulation. It isn't something I would particularly recommend though: if you were to delete operator account records directly in the database you may find that it has subtle and unexpected side effects - including side effects which won't be apparent for some time. For example, records in the system created by or associated with a deleted operator account record may get automatically deleted without you realizing it.

Hi @ChrisG   I am looking for the table name that contains such  operator accounts, as I need to ascertain who created particular account.  Could you help please. 

@flexeranoob 

That would be the ComplianceOperator table in the compliance database.

Thanks,