cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Acrobat Pro DC entitlements updates

Hi Team,

I am trying to update the Acrobat Pro DC  entitlement/purchase information which is part of Document Cloud for Enterprise license but I am unable to update this entitlement rights, as it is auto populated. 

We have unlimited use rights for Acrobat Pro DC, how to update this entitlement information in FlexNet. Since I am not able to update unlimited use right it is showing non-compliant as per Flexera reporting. I don't see option to update unlimited use rights / entitlements inform for any Software license in FlexNet. Please help to resolve this problem. Also guide how software entitlements are auto calculated in Flexera is software is part of any bundle.  Shall I Select Unlimited in entitlement limits page to fix this.

I am also trying to edit the license type in Flexera, please help how I can edit the existing software license type in Flexera. Thank You.

Thank You.

(9) Replies

Support for an Unlimited License was introduced in FNMS 2018 R2.  

Open up the license and on the Compliance tab there is a section named "Entitlement Limits".  Select the value of Unlimited and then save the license.  After a reconciliation, the status of the license will always show as "Compliant", and the Shortfall/Availability calculation will be blank - even if the actual Consumption > Purchases.

What is the difference between this unlimited option and an Enterprise license?  Both allow consumption > purchases right?

Also is there a patch for versions prior to 2018R2 to add this feature or do you have to upgrade?

@kathy_allen  - you must upgrade to have access to this new feature.

The main difference is that when you select the existing "Subject to True Up", the Shortfall/Available field is still calculated, since you must perform a true-up purchase during each review session, so FlexNet will calculate how many additional licenses you need and therefore you must add the additional purchases into FlexNet to show your true up purchases.  But the status of the license is 'Compliant' even if Consumption > Consumed.

With the new "Unlimited" setting, you can correctly follow an Unlimited License Agreement (ULA).  The status of the license is always 'Compliant', and the Shortfall/Available field calculation is blank because there is no True Up purchases that you need to make.  Prior to this feature, customers would typically attach a purchase with a quantity of 999999 and set "Subject to True Up" so that dashboards and reports would not show a negative Shortfall calculation for their ULA agreements.

Thanks.  Is there any difference if you select Enterprise license type but not Subject to True Up?  Does the system still calculate the Shortfall/Available field?  In the examples I've seen the purchase entitlement is one, the license type is Enterprise and it is always compliant no matter how many are consumed. 

If you have a user or device type license that is unlimited  and you create a purchase for 999999, if you don't consume all of them the system will mark them available and they get calculated in the Under Consumed metric, correct?  Do you do an override price of zero to keep the under consumed $$ from growing?

@kathy_allen  - The license type of "Enterprise" is a device-based metric where Consumption is calculated based on the number of installs.  It does not work for other license types.

With the "Unlimited" option, this works for any license metric such as Core Points, Named User, IBM PVU or Oracle Processor, such as when you have products on an Unlimited License Agreement (ULA).

So for any license you have, you can put in a purchase count of 1 and no matter when the consumption is for any type of Metric, the status of the license is always "Compliant", and no license "Shortfall" quantity is calculated.

How is entitlements from Purchase auto calculated in Flexera?

For e.g. we have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC as a software license title, we have updated purchase inform about Document Cloud qty into this.. as adobe acrobat pro DC is part of Document cloud. However it is not auto picking up the purchase qty from Document Cloud purchase information against Acrobat Pro DC. we need to resolve this entitlement issue in order to correct the compliant position. please response. thanks.

@dparab27 - You must import/enter your new Acrobat DC purchase information into FlexNet Manager and link the new purchases to your existing software license.  This will increase the purchase quantity of the license and after your next Reconciliation the status will change from 'At Risk' to 'Compliant'.

can we change license type manually into Flexera for Adobe Products. I believe it is auto mapped based upon SKU/Part No. updated.

@dparab27 - Can you give an example of what you mean by "changing the license type" for Adobe products based on the SKU?