cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Hat Smart Management

Hi,
Quick question as to how the Red Hat Smart Management Add-on can be recognised in FNMS - we are using TADDM for inventory.
Cheers
(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
First of all, check in TADDM to see if any how it is showing the "Red Hat Smart Management Add-on" software installed. If it is appearing in that system, then there is reasonable chance that the inventory adapter that FlexNet uses will be importing that data--possibly as installer evidence. So then check the installer evidence records in FlexNet corresponding to the TADDM data you find. You may find that the installer evidence in FlexNet is not recognized, in which case you can manually configure an appropriate recognition rule in FlexNet, or submit the unrecognized installer evidence to Flexera Support to ask to have it added to the published application recognition library.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks, unfortunately I can't find Smart Management in TADDM - we are importing all the separate applications that make up RHEL so would need to know which we need to look for. (If that makes sense?)

So from this description it sounds like TADDM isn't detecting/reporting on the existence of Smart Management. You could try reaching out to TADDM experts to discuss whether anything can be done about that.

If the source data doesn't identify Smart Management as being installed, then FlexNet itself won't have any evidence to detect it either. If TADDM can be configured to be able to gather details showing Smart Management as installed that FlexNet imports as installer evidence, then you will be able to configure an application recognition rule in FlexNet to recognize it (if an appropriate rule does not already exist).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)