cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconciliation is failing for days : Execution Timeout Expired

Hello,

We are getting error in both automatic a and manual reconciliation process. 
The error at system task is as follows .  
Failed to import inventory devices with error message 'Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.'

And below is the error message received from the log file.

2020-06-12 05:13:52,208 [INFO ]       Failed to execute Writer 'EvidenceAlerts' from file C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\ImportProcedures\Inventory\Writer\InstalledSoftware.xml, at step line 1 Error: Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. 2020-06-12 05:13:52,208 [INFO ]       All retries have been attempted for Writer 'EvidenceAlerts' 2020-06-12 05:13:52,239 [ERROR]       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()    at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.XML.Writer.Execute(IExecutionContext context)    at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.ComplianceImporter.ExecuteWriters(ComplianceReader p_ComplianceReader, IExecutionContext context, String singleConnectionIdentifier) ClientConnectionId:940a1fd9-e2e1-4ad2-96c1-556dc6ce66fc Error Number:-2,State:0,Class:11
(1) Solution
(4) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer
You can increase the timeout period using the registry key described in the following Knowledge Base article: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Inventory-import-and-license-reconcile-timeouts/ta-p/5661
Hi @tjohnson1,
Thanks a lot for the reply .

I thought of waiting for next automatic schedule and found it is working fine .

Later i have tried manual reconciliation with inventory import, and completed successfully.

Note : what i changed in between is that i set the inventory setting (time for Commencement of upload ) to default , that is 8 hours

Just an update , we are able to bring back service after the following.
1- Removed all long pending process from DB
2- Added time out value in registry for 8 hours
3- Restarted the flexera services

Hi,

I have the issue again reported after 2 successful reconciliation . 

I have also noticed that new inventories are imported to FNMS Web Console even if the reconciliation with inventory import is successful.