stefange
Active participant

Re: Reconcile Pending for past 5 days

Hi Rajesh,

After stopping the process by adrian_ritz1 his instructions the process should start again.

When the issue happens again you might want to verify the ComplianceReader logging folder on the app server and check the log file (C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ComplianceReader). You should see the step here where it goes wrong. If there is a timeout error like "Error: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding." the best thing to do is extending the timeout period.

For extending the timeout period do the following:

Create a new Registry StringValue in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion

Name: CommandTimeout

Value: 432000

This value will change the timeout from 2 hours to 120 hours, allowing for larger amounts of data to be processed. (this is just an example value)

hope this helps

Stefan

dsalter
Active participant

Recently, I used the instructions provided by adrian_ritz1 successfully to kill a hung task.
After I killed the task I still couldn't get subsequent reconciliations to run. I had to find and delete the records for the hung jobs (2018 R2 Release). After that, scheduled reconciliation tasks started running correctly.

You should not need to do this but if you find yourself in the same place here are the queries I used.

SELECT t.DefaultValue,*
FROM [dbo].[BatchProcessExecution] b
INNER JOIN BatchProcessType t
ON b.BatchProcessTypeID = t.BatchProcessTypeID
ORDER BY BatchProcessExecutionID DESC

-- Use this process to delete old entries. Especially necessary after produciton database refresh.
Delete FROM [dbo].[BatchProcessExecution] WHERE Submitted < SYSDATETIME() AND BatchProcessExecution.Progress = 0
adrian_ritz
Active participant

Hi,

BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe list-tasks
This command is equivalent to the following database query (which you could also use within Microsoft SQL
Server Management Studio):
SELECT *FROM BatchProcessExecutionInfo bi
WHERE BatchProcessStatusID IN (1, 2, 3)
ORDER BY bi.StatusOrder, bi.DateOrder

So if you kill the task with BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe, the tasks should be also deleted in the database. This will not work if Flexera services are stopped.

I also encountered a case, where the logs where fine, finished with no error, but the task in the database was with status 3 (processing), I assume that do to an error, the status came back in reverse order and tasks was lost. Having this status the next tasks will no start, because the tasks have some dependencies and will not work in parallel. But if I killed the task with BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe the tasks was automatically updated to status 4 in database and the remaining tasks started to be processed. To kill a tasks in this way, you need to be sure that the tasks is lost, that's why you need to check the log files before using this command.