cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Changes - Why?

For Microsoft, license type Microsoft Server Core was selected. FNMS recommended a move to Core Point licenses. My question here - is there a way to view why a change is being recommended? Do we provide reasons why certain recommendations are being made? Thank you!

Akshay
(4) Replies
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi Akshay,

The Recommended Licenses Changes screen often (but not always) shows a reason for the change. 

What product was being licensed, and what is the full message in the Recommended License Changes screen? 

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that
Hi Natalie, here is an example we have AutoCAD. We switched it from user to named user. After reconcile, it recommended moving to user. It keeps switching between the two as recommendations. How do we handle this? It provides some reasoning for the change, but doesn't really help me make a decision one way or the other.
Akshay

@Natalie I also see a lot of messages like attached even though the license has upgrade/downgrade rights allowed.  How is it deciding what applications should be attached to licenses?

recommended license message.JPG

Hi @kathy_allen and @agrawalakshay1 ,

I would describe both those behaviors as.... odd and unexpected.  I would recommend we get some support cases filed to track down what's going on. 

I am the product manager who owns this content and if I find it unexpected I am sure you do as well! 🙂

Natalie Overstreet Lias
Senior Product Manager
I don’t speak for Flexera, and we should all be grateful for that