cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

RH00270 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Extended Life Cycle Support - how to process?

SKU RH00270 is returning a purchase type: "none" but setting the purchase type to "software". I want to process the PO but am in doubt what type I should set it to. The purchase does not deliver any entitlement, only extended support for earlier versions (eol) as an addition to a part of the subscriptions bought.

Ant suggestions?

(3) Replies

Hi Johan,

Based on the RedHat documentation, the RH00270 SKU indeed is for purchasing extended support.

In a purchase order (PO) in FNMS, you would set the purchase type to "Software maintenance" and apply this purchase oder to an existing license, please.

Make sure that all entitlements on your license are covered by maintenance, as discussed in another post here in this forum.

It is an addition to a subscription. Is it possible to add maintenance to a subscription? And won't this lead to confusing results in the consumption? I also considered creation of an additional license with downgrade rights differing from the license without ELCS but would prefer to see all RH consumtion for in one RHEL license.

Hi Statler,

Thank you for your response. I reconsidered and after reading the info at https://access.redhat.com/solutions/690063 decided to process it as  a subscription to an extra license without application. This way I can record the PO for future reference. Consumption is being measured in the license for RH00004.