cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on configuring a unix mgssetup.sh file

Hi,

Is there a way to add the priority to the beacon and netselector to the mgssetup.sh file to have these certain machines just report to a specific Beacon.

Thanks in advanced,

Steve

(2) Replies

In mgssetup.sh there are only limited options you can configure, these are covered in the "Agent third-party deployment: Configure the Bootstrap File for UNIX" section of GatheringFlexNetInventory.pdf 

You can modify settings post install by creating a tempconfig.ini file in the same format as the original but only specifying the key you want to change and once you have the modified settings you can use:

/opt/managesoft/bin/mgsconfig -i /var/tmp/tempconfig.ini

This assumes you've placed your file in /var/tmp.  This is also covered in the Gathering Flexnet Inventory guide mentioned above.

If you're using 2019 R2, there are ways to restrict this in the UI however - https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/index.html#tasks/InvSet-InventoryGroupSettings.html

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Hi Steven

I have created a setup which i tested and works. See below, around the netselector you would need to see where to add it, hope this helps:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/bin/sh
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# FlexNet Inventory Agent installation
# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Create variables used throughout this installation script
BASEDIR=/var/tmp
BEACON=beaconname

# Create custom config.ini
cat << EOF > $BASEDIR/tempconfig.ini
[ManageSoft\Common\UploadSettings\Bootstrap Server 1]
Priority=10
Host=beaconname

[ManageSoft\Common\DownloadSettings\Bootstrap Server 1]
Priority=10
Host=beaconname
EOF