cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Agent Schedules

Hi all ...

My current agent schedule is set to daily, with a start time of 2:30pm, with an offset ("commence within") set to 2 hours.  This schedule was set up before I assumed responsibility for my deployment.

Doesn't that mean that inventory is only collected between 2:30pm and (roughly) 4:30pm?

It's 12:17pm as I write this, and I'm seeing inventory coming into the Incoming folder well before 2:30pm; hence my question.

--Mark

(1) Solution

The "time of day" that you set within the User Console is for the local clock time of the computer where the agent is installed.  For example, if your FNMS User Preference for the web site is set to show the time of day based on Pacific Time, and you have this set to 2:30PM, then if you have a data center in New York, the inventory will run at 2:30 Eastern Time (3 hours earlier than 2:30  Pacific Time).

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

The "time of day" that you set within the User Console is for the local clock time of the computer where the agent is installed.  For example, if your FNMS User Preference for the web site is set to show the time of day based on Pacific Time, and you have this set to 2:30PM, then if you have a data center in New York, the inventory will run at 2:30 Eastern Time (3 hours earlier than 2:30  Pacific Time).

Ahhh, OK - to paraphrase, the time zone of the computer running the agent is "added" to the time to get the full picture, so if a server is in the Pacific time zone, it'll run at 2:30pm Pacific time (or 5:30pm Eastern).

Thanks for clarifying!

--Mark

@mfeinman - Just remember that the schedule you set is applied according to the local clock time of the server.  If you have set the schedule to run at 2:30PM, then the agent will run at 2:30 every day based on the local clock of the server - whether that server is in Chicago, LA, Tokyo, or London.