cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor & Core reflect same | WebSphere Application Server - PVU

Hello Dear Community,

I have a question on the number of processors and cores that reflect the exact same values across all devices under the consumption tab for a specific license - 'WebSphere Application Server - PVU'

I have attached the snapshot of the same, could you please let me know your comments and observations on this. Is this a potential issue?

Thank you

Abhilash M

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That looks a little unusual, although there is of course no general reason why the counts should not be the same. Maybe check the actual number of cores and processors on some of the hosts and VMs in question and compare.

Also consider what tool is gathering inventory for these devices, and what is considers to be a "processor" vs a "core" in its data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @Cloaky 

This is not unusual for VM's and for  IBM LPAR's - the core of the physical is provided to the  VM as the lowest level of processing capacity  - thus the core and the processor are equivalent. 

Please confirm the technology by reviewing the hardware of the hosts