cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processed Purchases

Hi!,

I have a question regarding processing purchase orders.

I have processed a PO and linked to a license container. Now the PO is visible in Processed Purchases.

If I then manually remove the PO from the purchase tab in the license container, will the PO still remain in Processed Purchases?

Thanks,

Best regards

Charlotte

(2) Solutions
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon, thanks for reaching out on the forums regarding your issue.

I believe this would be removed from the Processed Purchases view.
From the Online Help, Processed Purchases' contents are described as:

"Therefore, as appropriate, these purchases currently contribute to your recorded entitlements to help balance license consumption."

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/ProcessedPurchases.html

An unlinked Purchase wouldn't contribute to those entitlements, so I'd anticipate you wouldn't see it in the view.

Additionally, I hopped into the database to take a look at the underlying view '[Grid_EntitlementTransactionProcessed]'. 
There, there's a join that checks whether a Purchase Order is contributing effective quantities of Entitlements. Again, if it's no longer linked to the License, I don't think that'd be the case.

I hope that helps!

Jack
Flexera Support

View solution in original post

That is correct. If a processed purchase order is removed/unlinked from a license it can no longer be viewed within the processed purchase order view instead, it will be present in the unprocessed purchase view.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon, thanks for reaching out on the forums regarding your issue.

I believe this would be removed from the Processed Purchases view.
From the Online Help, Processed Purchases' contents are described as:

"Therefore, as appropriate, these purchases currently contribute to your recorded entitlements to help balance license consumption."

https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/ProcessedPurchases.html

An unlinked Purchase wouldn't contribute to those entitlements, so I'd anticipate you wouldn't see it in the view.

Additionally, I hopped into the database to take a look at the underlying view '[Grid_EntitlementTransactionProcessed]'. 
There, there's a join that checks whether a Purchase Order is contributing effective quantities of Entitlements. Again, if it's no longer linked to the License, I don't think that'd be the case.

I hope that helps!

Jack
Flexera Support

That is correct. If a processed purchase order is removed/unlinked from a license it can no longer be viewed within the processed purchase order view instead, it will be present in the unprocessed purchase view.