cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Data Location

Hi,

I'm looking for files that record any front-end user action (log in/off, data creation or modification, ... )

Does FNMS generate this kind of log files ?

Have a nice day

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

(You've tagged this thread as being related to FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications, but mentioned FlexNet Manager Suite - a different product - in the question. I'm assuming it is FlexNet Manager Suite that you're asking about here.)

If you have using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, you may find some information about logon/off events in the dbo.ComplianceOperatorAudit view in the compliance database. However I think this table is not used in many configurations - for example, when the system is configured to use Windows Authentication there is no logon/off event that occurs from the perspective of FlexNet Manager Suite as your logon is tied to your browser/desktop environment.

In relation to tracking changes to data records, many changes are logged in database and accessible through the dbo.ComplianceHistory view. This information is routinely displayed on the History tab when viewing many type of records in the UI.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

(You've tagged this thread as being related to FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications, but mentioned FlexNet Manager Suite - a different product - in the question. I'm assuming it is FlexNet Manager Suite that you're asking about here.)

If you have using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, you may find some information about logon/off events in the dbo.ComplianceOperatorAudit view in the compliance database. However I think this table is not used in many configurations - for example, when the system is configured to use Windows Authentication there is no logon/off event that occurs from the perspective of FlexNet Manager Suite as your logon is tied to your browser/desktop environment.

In relation to tracking changes to data records, many changes are logged in database and accessible through the dbo.ComplianceHistory view. This information is routinely displayed on the History tab when viewing many type of records in the UI.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hi Chris,

Sorry about the wrong label, I don't know what I was thinking.
Thank you so much for the info, I'll look into it.