cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Import failing

I am working with a customer who gets the error message: Import failed because the working directory is undefined or invalid. Directory: D:\.... when uploading the PO import template. I had a look through the support pages and came across the below:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/PO-Import-failing-due-to-error-quot-Working-directory-invalid/ta-p/5803

This seems to provide the solution but unfortunately, the system is administered by a 3rd party so I myself can't look into it any further. The 3rd party has said "everything looks ok" which isn't possible to prove one way or another. I was wondering if there were any other settings or checks that could be run to resolve the issue?

(7) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Stephen,

Have they tested different files, different browsers, different clients?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi mfranz,
It is a secure network so restricted only to using IE 11. I am the only user who uploads any entitlement and i am able to upload an MLS without any issues just taking it as it is. Could it be anything to do with the file itself? It's been created using the template from FNMS itself.

Try using a different file type, CSV instead of XLS.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
I've tried both types and had the same issue each time.

Hi Stephen,

For the shared folder to be configured into the Windows registry, make sure to:

• Use the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) format (\\servername\folder) for configuring the shares , please.
  • At least the Windows Services account running the FNMS Windows Services on both application servers must have read & write (R/W) access to the shared folder(s). Typically, giving the Windows 'Everyone' user group R/W access to these shared folders works well.

Configuring FNMS using a mapped drive (D:\....) for the shared folders instead of an UNC path typically won't work, as the Services Account won't be able to use this setting.

Hi Stephen,

Don't think that your error is related to the file type (Excel instead of CSV).

Assuming that your customer is using a configuration where the FNMS application server is split into a FNMS WebUI web application server and a FNMS processing (Batch and Inventory) server, the KB article that you already found is pointing into the right direction.

With this configuration, there is a requirement to configure both a "DataImport" as well as a "DataExport" folder in the file system. These two folders must be shared between the two FNMS application servers. You can find additional documentation in the "Installing FlexNet Manager Suite on Premises" document on page #26 and pages #49-51. Typically, these folders are shared on the FNMS processing (Batch and Inventory) server, and the Registry settings are updated manually on the FNMS WebUI server for making the shared folders known to the FNMS application.

If you omit this configuration step at installation time, you will run into the error that you observed when you try to import files using standard FNMS import templates from the FNMS WebUI.

The 3rd party statement "everything looks ok" most likely is not fully correct for this FNMS environment.

Thanks, i will pass this on to the 3rd Party and see what they say.