Cloaky
Level 7

Overridden Consumption not updating to Consumed column for License count imported via Business Importer for Remedy

Hi Dear Community,

I am trying to set up the Remedy Business Adapter in UAT for Flexera Cloud for testing purposes.

I am seeing the overridden consumption being populated on the history tab on the UI, but the consumed column is still not updating to the number picked up by the adapter.

Can anybody tell me what the reason could be? I also ran reconciliation for BMC publisher in specific.

Thank you

Abhilash M

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

Can you attach some screen captures?  When you say that you are using a Business Adapter to "override the consumption"of a Software License, I am familiar with what that really means.

0 Kudos

@kclausen  Thank you for your response. Here I have attached what I am actually looking for.

 

I am testing the Remedy license consumption adapter in FNMS UAT. I am having issues with updating the consumed column for the license specified as "Remedy IT Service Management Suite - Floating User License Add-on "

For testing purposes; I did create a contract and also a purchase order on FNMS UAT cloud, wondering if that was the catch to get the overridden consumption replicating to consumed column as depicted in the snapshot attached.

I also waited a reconciliation process to complete. Could you please help me here on what I am really missing to get this updated?

 

Thank you

Abhilash M

0 Kudos

Can you share what field you are mapping to in the Business Adapter for "Consumption Override"?

0 Kudos

Hi.  The overridden consumption in FNMS is entered on a per device basis to change the calculated consumption per device to a new value.  That then impacts the consumption.

The total value of overridden consumption on the license must be calculated by summing the individual overridden consumption.

0 Kudos

Please also check your license type.  The license type is set to Processor but the name of the license includes "floating user".

Also, can you provide a screen print of the consumption tab within the license.

 

Thanks

0 Kudos

This is now fixed, It was a result a reconciliation failure on FNMS due to a TCP error.

Post the recon , the consumption has been updated to what the adapter brought in.

 

Thanks

Abhilash M

FYI

----

The snapshots for the same

0 Kudos

Great - thanks for the extra screen shots

0 Kudos