cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Processor Licenses in VMWare environment (Version 6 or later)

Hello Community

I am asking myself how to reflect the actual Oracle rules regarding using Oracle products (processor metric) in highly virtual environments using soft partitioning with vSphere 6.

As far as I know, by default FNMS uses the rules of vSphere 5.. 

How do you handle that? Is there a way that FNMS reports the correct consumption under consideration of the vSphere version specific rules?

Thank you
Oliver

(1) Solution

At the present time, the Flexera Professional Services Team can assist in creating custom reports to assist in calculating Oracle Processor Points for your vCenter Instances, based on what you have negotiated with Oracle and the version of vCenter.  Please see the attached section from the Oracle Practice Guide.

My understanding is that FlexNet Manager will soon have built-in reports to automatically calculate Oracle Processor Point consumption for Oracle products installed on vCenter virtual machines based on the version of the vCenter.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

At the present time, the Flexera Professional Services Team can assist in creating custom reports to assist in calculating Oracle Processor Points for your vCenter Instances, based on what you have negotiated with Oracle and the version of vCenter.  Please see the attached section from the Oracle Practice Guide.

My understanding is that FlexNet Manager will soon have built-in reports to automatically calculate Oracle Processor Point consumption for Oracle products installed on vCenter virtual machines based on the version of the vCenter.