cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Among the host of other issues/problems we are having implementing the Oracle PURL, I'd like to understand why the views are not the same across the board for various publishers.  Why am I able to see "inventory device type" on every other publisher besides Oracle?

I know the consumption is at the host level so this may be the logic, however, I don't understand not seeing this same field for each publisher as I do use it in our environment.

Thanks

(1) Solution

I assume this is in reference to the Consumption tab of an Oracle Processor license?

The good news here is that since virtual infrastructure views are visually shown as a hierarchy, it is easy to determine which rows in the view are a Cluster/Host/Pool/Virtual Machine, as well as which items are a physical Computer.

I would recommend you submit an Enhancement Request to have the "Inventory Device Type" added as an available column to the Consumption tab of an Oracle license.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

I assume this is in reference to the Consumption tab of an Oracle Processor license?

The good news here is that since virtual infrastructure views are visually shown as a hierarchy, it is easy to determine which rows in the view are a Cluster/Host/Pool/Virtual Machine, as well as which items are a physical Computer.

I would recommend you submit an Enhancement Request to have the "Inventory Device Type" added as an available column to the Consumption tab of an Oracle license.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I won't be asking for an enhancement for this as it would be low priority.  We have many other requests that have been in the "Q" for a while that would take much more precedence.