cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Middleware Recognition

By Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anything on the product roadmap around improving Oracle Middleware recognition?

Thanks,
Peter

(5) Replies

Hi @Anonymous 

Please elaborate on your expectation/desired outcome.  I have worked with the Weblogic, Coherence, SOA, OAS/IAS recognition over the past 2 years and find it to be quite robust in supporting audits.

Regards, 

Hi @Nico_Erasmus - There's a lot of questionable OUI results in the comps.xml file. For example on a clean system if you install Oracle application development framework, then an entry for SOA Management will show up in the xml file and get recognized in Flexera. There's a lot of other examples like this where the comps.xml file will reference other middleware applications that are related from an Oracle integration standpoint, but are not fully deployed or licensable on that same system. 

HI @Anonymous 

Indeed the OUI references in the backup comps.xml files are a problem.  But diligent operations teams can clean these up.  Typically Oracle supplies one set of installation media and the install files alone are not enough to distinguish between Weblogic  editions as an example.  When defending audits, it is best to have this risk averse approach - ie raise awareness of potential exposure that can then be cleaned up/understood ahead of the data been exposed to the auditor.

Hi @Nico_Erasmus - This isn't an issue with the backup OUI files, I'm very familiar with that problem. I'll just probably open a case with Flexera and work with them on this.

That is a good idea @Anonymous .  They can investigate your NDI's and your tracker logs to show the reasons for the recognition in your estate.