cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle LMS Archive Result was no changed after extending usage period from 3 month to 60 month

Hi Flexera,

I just set usage period from 3 months(default value) to 60 months on FNMS Web UI of Database Options.

Installed Application -> Option Name -> Usage Tab -> set period to 60 months

and then, I tried to reconciliation with existing ndi.gz inventory file.

the zip file downloaded from FNMS Web UI on Oracle Instances page and the result before and after was same for Options in use and Pack Granted, Pack Agreed value as well as Options and Packs in the Oracle Server Worksheet.

all was same before and after set the period.

do anyone know what's differences?

is it related to inventory file updated or not?

Regards,

gotqcorp.

(1) Reply
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi @gotqcorp 

My understanding is that Usage for Oracle DB and Option/Management packs work differently. It will always import the latest status från the database, however the Stats within the database can have a delay for some time before it's updated if you have removed some options.

You have another setting under System Settings - Inventory - Oracle inventory

Here you can configure how long time you want to keep the DB in your history, can be useful to catch failover databases etc.

But for options you would always like to have the latest status, think of that if you remove an option and you would like to keep that active for an additional 6 months. Then you might get an audit and you treat the option as active even though it's not. Then you will probably end up in paying more licenses than you would require.