cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Java License Setup Questions

Last year we purchased Oracle Java licenses (just like everyone else) and I'm having problems keeping the licenses up-to-date. I've tried creating the licenses using both the Flexera Oracle SKUs and also the SKUs that came on the Oracle Ordering Document. Neither have applications associated with them when creating the licenses.

Here are SKUs that I'm using.

Oracle SKUs:
L106376 - Oracle Java SE Desktop - Named User Plus - Software Subscription
L106377 - Oracle Java SE - Software Subscription - Oracle Processor

Flexera SKUs:
FLX-ORCL-101820 - Oracle Java SE Desktop Subscription - Named User Plus
FLX-ORCL-101819 - Oracle Java SE Subscription - Processor

Any help would be appreciated. You would think that since we pay for the Oracle module we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Solution

@EHacking 

I can see from the support case that you raised that Flexera's content team will remediate this with this months SKU/PURL libraries updates.

Thanks for raising it,

View solution in original post

(8) Replies

@EHacking 

I can see from the support case that you raised that Flexera's content team will remediate this with this months SKU/PURL libraries updates.

Thanks for raising it,

hi,

Can you pls share the level of SKU/PURL libraries updates which will incorporate this change? Thanks. 

From the case:

These SKUs will be linked to the appropriate applications and those changes will be part of 28th May 2021 SKU-PURL Release.

The content team broke everything associated with Java in this month's SKU/PURL update.

Is there any progress on this issue? My Java SE Desktop Named User Plus is showing 0ver 90K consumptions when the my deployment count is returning little over 6000 installs! This is not good at all.

Thanks

This is September 2021 now and I am using the SKU. Still no applications linked to the license.  What is the solution to list the bundle?

We have analyzed Oracle Java SE bundles, curated required SKUs and its applications, have created the required PURL template. Currently we are testing the content. 
The plan is to publish them in the upcoming October SKU, PURL, Bundles release. 

That will be great. I have an urgent need to report the Java usage and want to get a report on the licenses if it is not already part of the weblogic installation. Please let me know if you have an early version and I am happy to test it out with you. Thank you!