cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Email Center Licensing

While reviewing my Oracle Email Center License (SKU:FLX-ORCL-101492) I noticed there was no application or product linked to the license. I know Email Center is apart of Oracle E-Business Suite but not sure how FNM is able to calculate the workstations/devices using Email Center. Is someone able to explain how FNM calculates consumption for these type of Oracle licenses?

(1) Solution

@cbyrd2020  - FNMS is not capable of calculating the usage for Oracle Email Center.  You would need to set this up as a Custom Metric, calculate the consumption yourself, and then enter the consumption into the Custom Metric license.  It may be that Oracle E-Business Suite is somehow tracking the devices using the Email Feature and you can get the Consumption count from that source.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@cbyrd2020  - FNMS is not capable of calculating the usage for Oracle Email Center.  You would need to set this up as a Custom Metric, calculate the consumption yourself, and then enter the consumption into the Custom Metric license.  It may be that Oracle E-Business Suite is somehow tracking the devices using the Email Feature and you can get the Consumption count from that source.

Thank you for the answer!! Would you happen to have a list of Oracle products that FNM cannot track usage/consumption?

@cbyrd2020 - WHen you are logged into the Community, go to the menu bar at the top and find "Learning".  

From this drop-down, select Learning Center.  

Once you are registered into the Learning Center, register for the "Flexera Practice Guides" class.  Within this class, you can view the Oracle Best Practice guide, which you can also download as a PDF.