cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One off upload for applications

we are hosted in FLexera, and don't see an option to do a one-off upload (like the purchases) for applications. There is no connection to a mid-range in Flexera, and we don't want to create a beacon. 

We just want to upload the applications that are entered into a spreadsheet. 

Or do I need to enter these all manually?

(5) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Could you describe what your trying to achieve by uploading applications? Is this about applications missing from the ARL? Or about application installations (evidences)?

Best regards,

Markward

Flexera does not have a connection to midrange hardware. so in order to monitor our compliance to a certain point, we are thinking we can upload the applications (assuming we can get an extract from the midrange via a query), link them to the licenses, add the midrange hardware (along with the partitions), and associate all this.

We won't have the exact compliance position, but it's a start for monitoring and having everything in one place.

I didn't want to go to the level of adding evidence, but if there is a solution that's simple enough that someone else has implemented for the midranges, I'd be happy to entertain another way.

Hi,

There's a whole list of templates and imports from the "Data Inputs" menu. 

2020-06-05_16h24_30.png

Just out of curiosity, by "midrange" do you mean the class of midrange hardware? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrange_computer

Best regards,

Markward

midrange  hardware. IBM system I, specifically

I took a look at the templates, yet there is no application template.  So I would have to manually create an application (since I'm not loading evidence).

Or are you saying I should load this information into evidence, and then create an application? not sure I'll be getting the information from the IBMi in the format to load into evidence.

I have meeting next week to see what the techies will provide.

I see a few options for you:

• Only create the machines
    and link them to licenses directly, using allocations.

There is no way linking machines (inventory) to applications directly. Between the two is usually the import and reconition process (ARL). So you could:

• Use existing applications
    either by using existing evidences or create new evidences and link them.
  • Create new applications
    either
    • from the WebUI or
    • importing them using a Business Import (on prem only)
    • or prepare a list and have the Flexera content team add the applications to the application library (ARL)