Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One app to multiple licenses - Restriction's behavior

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello Experts

Would like to know the restriciton's behaviour, when we create a same license multiple times each license for each specific BU,

Ex :

1. ABC license for BU1 (50 qty) - Applied Restriction on BU1 ent group    -  Actual usage by BU1 is 60 qty

2. ABC license for BU2 (25 qty) - No restrictions applied. - There is no actual usage at all

All device's ent groups are properly linked to BUs

In this case, my observation in fnms is that - the restrictions are perfectly applied on license 1 but the consumption is never going beyond entitled qty. The consumption shows as 50 for Bu1 license and 10 against BU2 license, which is wrong. Instead I'm expecting all 60 to be consumed by license 1 only.

So, is it a default license priority behavior which implies that it is mandatory to apply restrictions on every license (incase of multiple licenses) or am I missing something ?

#FNMS

#license

#restrictions

(1) Reply

Hi,

As per my understanding i don't think there is any issue in the consumption as you have applied a restriction on 50 quantity license for BU1 and as the usage is more than the restriction its consuming the license where is there is no restriction on the 25 quantity license.

The logic behind restriction is that the restriction will not allow BU2 devices to use the BU1 licenses as there is a restriction for the BU2 license they are being consumed as the usage is high in BU1 allocated licenses.