cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Macs the FlexNet agent is not showing in Installed Applications in FNMS

On version 2020R2 with the agent version 17.0.1 which is successfully installed on at least one test Mac and is reporting to FNMS, looking at the device in All Inventory > Applications doesn't show any FlexNet agent installed. We've tried adding /*/managesoft/* to the Included File Evidence in Inventory Settings with no luck. Any other methods we can try here? 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The FlexNet inventory agent on macOS doesn't actually gather installer evidence about itself - the type of installation package that is used for the agent is not picked up as part of inventory.

Enhancing the agent to gather the relevant data is covered under the following Idea: ITAM-I-164: macOS agent does not gather inventory from package bundles in /Library/Receipts or pkgutil. If this capability is of interest for you, please vote for the Idea to help raise its priority and visibility.

This topic is also discussed in the following thread: (FNMS 2019R2) Mac OS X - Flexera Agent Installer Evidence

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

@a_cutler - That should be recognized as Installer Evidence.  If you go into the details of that Mac Inventory Device and go to the Evidence tab (for Installer Evidence), do you see something for the Flexera Agent and is that evidence mapped to an Application Name?

The only thing I can find in Installer Evidence related to Flexera is something called GV flex:V.90. It says the inventory source is FlexNet Manager Suite. That doesn't seem like what I'm looking for though, correct?

@a_cutler - Was this from the Lite Agent, or from an Installed Agent?  If a Lite Agent, then there will not be any evidence of an installed agent.

It's the installed, full agent. 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The FlexNet inventory agent on macOS doesn't actually gather installer evidence about itself - the type of installation package that is used for the agent is not picked up as part of inventory.

Enhancing the agent to gather the relevant data is covered under the following Idea: ITAM-I-164: macOS agent does not gather inventory from package bundles in /Library/Receipts or pkgutil. If this capability is of interest for you, please vote for the Idea to help raise its priority and visibility.

This topic is also discussed in the following thread: (FNMS 2019R2) Mac OS X - Flexera Agent Installer Evidence

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

We successfully detect the mac agents 2020R2 and 2021R1 by enable filescan to detect the swidtag which do not require modification to the evidences. Have the understanding if you do not want to enable filescans depending of the frequency of inventory.