cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline agent not working

Hi,

It turned almost 2h and it did not generate anything in the end, the script was executed on one of the cluster nodes but the file (Oracle) was not generated, this node has 153 bases of different versions:

[root@noeyyfjd SAM]# ./lance.sh

ManageSoft Inventory agent 12.0 -> Build 14065

Copyright 2016 Flexera Software LLC

----- Gathering inventory

> Initialising

> Searching for hardware

> Searching for Oracle database instances

Entity: line 295076: parser error : internal error: Huge input lookup

NAME="HI01AS9A_1" DB_ROLE="PHYSICAL STANDBY" INSTALL_DATE="2018-06-26_10:51:24"/

^

Entity: line 295077: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document

</LMS_DETAIL>

^

> Searching for Oracle listener

> Searching the native package database

> Symantec Storage Foundation Tracking Started

> IBM WebSphere MQ Queue Manager Tracking Started

> Generating inventory '/exportbase/migration/COS/SAM/result/noeyyfjd_20200624_102541.ndi'

> Compressing inventory 'noeyyfjd_20200624_102541.ndi' to 'mgs854805759.ndi.gz.tmp'

les fichiers a uploader sont dans /var/tmp/flexera/uploads/Inventories:

total 48

-rw------- 1 root root 49133 Jun 24 12:30 system on noeyyfjd at 20200624T102542 for machine (Full).ndi.gz

[root@noeyyfjd result]# ls -l /var/tmp/flexera/uploads/Inventories

total 0

[root@noeyyfjd result]# ls -l  /exportbase/migration/COS/SAM/result/noeyyfjd_20200624_102541.ndi

-rw------- 1 oracle oinstall 592924 Jun 24 12:30 /exportbase/migration/COS/SAM/result/noeyyfjd_20200624_102541.ndi

Regards,

(1) Solution

A copy of the ndtrack.sh file would normally be obtained from a beacon [with an appropriate version of the FlexNet Beacon component installed], as described here: FlexNet Inventory Scanner: Implementation on UNIX-like Platforms

However in your case I'm guessing you may not have a current version beacon deployed. You could:

1. If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises: Download the latest FlexNet Manager Suite Installer zip file from the Product and License Center. Once the zip file is extracted you will find the beacon installer in the Installers\FlexNet Beacon subdirectory.

Tip: You can access the download site using the Other Resources > Product and License Center menu option when you are logged in to Flexera Community with an account that is recognized as being from a Flexera customer or partner.
  2. If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud: Download the latest beacon installer in the UI at Discovery & Inventory > Beacons > Deploy a beacon.

3. Install the downloaded beacon software on a test computer.

Tip: I've recently discovered the joys of Windows Sandbox for doing things like this. With that said, I've found that I need to run the beacon installer twice in Windows Sandbox to get it to install for some reason - the first time fails, the 2nd time works.
  4. Take a copy of the ndtrack.sh file from %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\RemoteExecution\Public\Inventory\ on the test computer.

5. Uninstall the beacon software, or throw away the test computer (which is trivial with Windows Sandbox - just shut it down).
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Log attached

The output you are seeing suggests that you are using a very old version of ndtrack (2016 R1), and likely being affected by Issue FNMS-41212 referenced as being fixed in the FlexNet Manager Suite 2017 R3 Release Notes.

I would suggest trying this with a current version of ndtrack, which is likely to avoid the "internal error: Huge input lookup" issue. It will also give you access to a range of general improvements and robustness in the agent's ability to gather Oracle Database inventory from a wider range of scenarios than the 2016 R1 release handles.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you for your reply, where i can download the latest version of ndtrack please ?

Regards,

A copy of the ndtrack.sh file would normally be obtained from a beacon [with an appropriate version of the FlexNet Beacon component installed], as described here: FlexNet Inventory Scanner: Implementation on UNIX-like Platforms

However in your case I'm guessing you may not have a current version beacon deployed. You could:

1. If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises: Download the latest FlexNet Manager Suite Installer zip file from the Product and License Center. Once the zip file is extracted you will find the beacon installer in the Installers\FlexNet Beacon subdirectory.

Tip: You can access the download site using the Other Resources > Product and License Center menu option when you are logged in to Flexera Community with an account that is recognized as being from a Flexera customer or partner.
  2. If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud: Download the latest beacon installer in the UI at Discovery & Inventory > Beacons > Deploy a beacon.

3. Install the downloaded beacon software on a test computer.

Tip: I've recently discovered the joys of Windows Sandbox for doing things like this. With that said, I've found that I need to run the beacon installer twice in Windows Sandbox to get it to install for some reason - the first time fails, the 2nd time works.
  4. Take a copy of the ndtrack.sh file from %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\RemoteExecution\Public\Inventory\ on the test computer.

5. Uninstall the beacon software, or throw away the test computer (which is trivial with Windows Sandbox - just shut it down).