cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 Online Service Connection error

Has anyone successfully set up a connection to their Office 365 Online Service? We have attempted without success. We get the following error: System.Exception: Authentication Error: Bad username or password. But the User Name and Password works fine in Office 365. We followed the instructions to set it up, and even reluctantly gave the ID the global admin role. But we get this error during the first part of the import. See attached log file.
Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
The log is suggesting that some error ("(500) Internal Server Error") is occurring on the Office 365 server when logging in. I wouldn't assume that this is really a bad username or password.

You could try running the following commands in PowerShell to troubleshoot further--if this doesn't work, maybe contact Microsoft for help.

$c = Get-Credential
Connect-MsolService -Credential $c
$users = Get-MsolUser -All

NB. If you do this in a PowerShell window on the FlexNet beacon then the prerequisite Office 365 PowerShell modules for running this should be installed.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion
We've had a lot of trouble with the O365 connector. Once the rights and the firewalls are sorted out, the connection itself is flakey.
For one customer maybe two times every week it fails.
This means that the reconcile process (using the default scheduled task) also fails.
The solution there is to separate each data source into a separate scheduled task, so for example the O365 scheduled task is as follows:
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\BatchProcessTask.exe" run InventoryImportReaders ---s """Office 365"""

The final scheduled task has the chainwriters parameter, which kicks off the reconcile.
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\BatchProcessTask.exe"run InventoryImportReaders -p "ChainWritersMessage=true" ---s """FlexNet Manager Suite"""

This means that each data source could fail independently, but the reconcile would still run.

j
Hi, I have done a few, need to make sure that MFA is not enabled on our account that is connecting with O365