Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Re: O365 errors

Jump to solution

When I look in Azure at Permissions & Consent for FlexNet Beacon I see that Microsoft Graph has the following:

API Name                Type              Permission                                                                                         Granted through
Microsoft Graph   Delegated   Read directory data                                                                       Admin consent
Microsoft Graph   Delegated   Read all usage reports                                                                  Admin consent
Microsoft Graph   Delegated   Maintain access to data you have given it access to       Admin consent
Microsoft Graph   Delegated   Read directory data                                                                       User consent
Microsoft Graph   Delegated   Read all usage reports                                                                  User consent
Microsoft Graph   Delegated   Maintain access to data you have given it access to       User consent

What am I missing? What else needs to happen? I'm not an Azure expert.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Hi Erick,
Can you try working with the Azure admin and have the 'Reports Reader' role added for the O365 user you are using to generate the token? It should look like the following. In my test, adding this extra role allowed the O365 adapter to capture the usage information successfully.

Alpesh_0-1578098817202.png

Please let me know what is the behavior you see after adding this extra role.
Thanks,
Alpesh

Highlighted
Frequent contributor

Jump to solution
This resolved our issue.
Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thank you for circling back, EHacking!
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo
Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

Jump to solution

Thanks Erick for letting us know. We will be publishing a KB article documenting this solution for the benefit of our customers.

0 Kudos