cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Enough Entitlements Assessment Reason when Entitlements Available

I have two licenses - a Standard Edition and a Datacenter Edition - using the Microsoft Server/Management Core license type.  Both licenses grant rights to use Windows Server Standard installation and the Standard Edition license has higher priority than the Datacenter Edition license.

Reconciliation results in a calculated deficit of 68 Standard licenses but there is a surplus of 752 Datacenter licenses.  Some of the Windows Server Standard installations where positioned under the Datacenter license by the reconciliation process, but not all, thus resulting in the reported deficit of 68.  

I allocated a Standard installation to the Datacenter license in an attempt to force the reconciliation process to report a compliant status for both licenses.  However, it made the deficit on the Standard worse.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

(5) Replies

@RobertH 

I'm not sure if you've got this resolved or found the cause of this, but if not the assessment results from some of the servers not consuming the Datacenter license may reveal some hints (an example from our demo environment):

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

I combined the results of the Application License Assessments for the Standard and Datacenter licenses.  The only pattern I see is that the lower priority license (Datacenter) has assessment information for Windows Servers applications and Service Center applications while the higher priority license (Standard) only has assessments for Windows Server applications.  Both licenses are configured with the Core Infrastructure for Windows Server 2019 (Standard or Datacenter) application suite: the suite containing both the Windows Server application and the System Center applications.  

There are several Rejects on the assessment for the Datacenter stating, "There are not enough entitlements available on this license to cover this device".  However, there are license entitlements available according to the reconciliation results.

@RobertH 

It sounds to me as the fact that one of the licenses covers both the Windows Server application and the System Center applications whereas the other doesn't may influence matters here. Do you have the SKU's (Microsoft manufacturer article numbers) of the two licenses, and did you manually change any of the product use rights or are you using Flexera's PURL content "as is"? (If you're willing to share the SKU's with us here maybe some of the forum members would be able to provide further guidance, and if not please feel free to contact Flexera Support.)

Thanks,

Datacenter SKUs: 9GS-00135 and 9GS-00495

Standard SKUs: 9GA-00006 and 9GA-00313

Also, to clarify, I have attached a listing of the applications attached to each license.

@RobertH 

I tried to test your use case based on the full license SKU's you shared, but I cannot reproduce what you're seeing. I.e. in my tests both licenses are consumed by both the suite as well as standalone server licenses, and the Standard editions do get covered by Datacenter editions as per below screen shots:

Capture.PNG

Capture-1.PNG

I don't know if my test examples above provides any hints (but I doubt it) and therefore I guess it's something in your environment that causes your findings. You may want to have another pair of eyes looking at your data and please feel free to reach out contact Flexera Support

Thanks,