cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need the FlexNet inventory agent (Windows) package for 8.5–9.2 versions

Hi Forum,

Is there any source where we can get the FlexNet inventory agent (Windows) versions from 8.5–9.2 as we have a requirement for deploying in older OS versions.

Regards,

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can find old releases (back to version 8.2.3) in the Flexera Product & License Center:

• Select the Product Access > Product and License Center menu option from Flexera Community.
  • Select FlexNet Manager from Your Downloads.
  • Click on the Previous Versions tab (see the screenshot below), and download the version you are interested in.

Do be aware that old versions from the timeframe you are talking about here are well beyond their end of life, so are no longer supported or updated with security announcements & patches, hotfixes, etc.

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

thank you for the steps to download the required agent version. Tried downloading Flexnet Inventory Manager 9.2.3 and is that the agent file? and it looks like an exe file of 482 MB and not sure how i can get the agent for installing in windows and will that EXE extract any agent installers?

please help

regards,

The 482 MB download contains all the core FlexNet Manager Platform 9.2.3 product components, including the server, beacon and agent components. These components are not available for individual download.

You should unzip the self-extracting .exe file, and you will find the agent installer files somewhere in the resulting directory structure.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

thank you for the guidance and we see that the exe contains a menu to install different components of fnms like Beacon, Flexnet Inventory manager for managed devices and we have installed the agent using the available option.

Regards,