cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ndtask Service not Getting automatic start post Server Reboot

Team,

Did anyone also facing this issue in Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 7.9. Post server reboot flexera agent service did not get auto start

(1) Solution

Look in regular agent logs (/var/opt/managesoft/logs/) to see if there is any agent activity at all.

I'm a bit out of practice knowing about Red Hat system startup, and where logging from the startup process may appear. Maybe /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I haven't heard of this being a common problem.

Maybe look at system and agent logs to see if you can spot any evidence of whether the startup scripts are even being run, and if any failures are occurring.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris for response. It would be really help full if you can suggest some logs , which can refer for this as we have reviewed agent log but no luck.

Look in regular agent logs (/var/opt/managesoft/logs/) to see if there is any agent activity at all.

I'm a bit out of practice knowing about Red Hat system startup, and where logging from the startup process may appear. Maybe /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages.

I had similar behaviour for another tool agent on Red Hat 7.

In my case nothing was created for the agent service under /etc/systemd/system/  and we had to create the service file with start, stop and reload actions after the agent installation in a separate step.

Since I have no access to any RHEL device on my side at the moment, I can't tell you if  there is anything normally configured for the FNMS agent services.

Maybe you have another RHEL 7 where it is working and can compare the differences under that location.

Thanks Chris.

this is great help. Now i will monitor these log if found any new server.