cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDtrack process in Beacon Server

Hi

Getting below error while configuring ndtrack task in windows server 2012 R2.

Task Scheduler successfully completed task "\Flexera Inventory Beacon\Self Inventory" , instance "{9fa8463b-fbf4-4da5-80f0-f183ce5f32f5}" , action "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\Tracker\ndtrack.exe" with return code 3770482738.

(12) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Can you provide details on how you set up the scheduled task (action)?

I have created basic task in scheduler & browse ndtrack.exe file from C:\programe(x86)\flexerasoftware\tracker\ndtrack.exe -t machine

When am I running manually from CMD its working fine. Getting error while task running from scheduler.

Are you properly using the "Add arguments (optional)" field?

Yes. I have 9 beacon. Its working fine on 8.

Facing problem in one beacon only.

The Flexera agent might be missing some configuration settings.

Either make sure to provide all relevant configuration settings as command line options for ndtrack as @mfranz suggested, or configure the scheduled task executing the agent to use the same Windows user account that can execute the Flexera agent interactively.

This account should be a local Administrator on the Beacon.

I have used the same account, which is working fine with manual step.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If the scheduled task is actually invoking the ndtrack.exe process, it will likely have generated some logging - so check the tracker.log log file which may give some insight into specifically what is failing. That file is likely in the C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ManageSoft or the %TEMP%\ManageSoft directory of the user that you're using to invoke the process.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi 

We are getting these error in log. Enclosed Tracker log.

Failed to get WMI property 'Name': Not found (0x80041002)
Failed to get WMI property 'Caption': Not found (0x80041002)
Failed to connect to the WMI provider namespace 'root\virtualization\v2' on server 'localhost': Invalid namespace (0x8004100e)
Failed to initialize WMI (0x8004100e)
The specified WMI namespace is invalid or does not exist on the host
Failed to connect to the WMI provider namespace 'root\virtualization' on server 'localhost': Invalid namespace (0x8004100e)
Failed to connect to the WMI provider namespace 'root\MicrosoftSqlServer' on server 'localhost': Invalid namespace (0x8004100e)
Failed to connect to the WMI provider namespace 'root\Microsoft\SqlServer' on server 'localhost': Invalid namespace (0x8004100e)
Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller.
ERROR: Could not create raw inventory
[12/23/2021 7:15:52 AM (G, 0)] {5092} Program exited with code -524484558

Seems there is an issue with WMI on this Beacon.

Tools for checkin WMI functionality are the WMI console (winmgmt.msc) and Wbemtest (Windows Management Instrumentation Tester).

You can find some good documentation in this article.

I have followed this doc & found no issue with WMI.

I suspect the references to WMI errors here may be a red herring, and not directly related to the ultimate failure that is occurring. However the following message is a strange one that is concerning:

Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller

I'm not sure what that may indicate or whether it could be the specific cause of the inventory gathering failure. I wonder if it is indicating some kind of anomaly in relation to permissions on the filesystem or something else.

What rights does the winadm_acc_svc001 account that you're running as have? Is it possible that they may lack rights to write to the file D:\ProgramData\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\Inventories\winadm_acc_svc001 on fihe3flexbcn002.ndi? Does that file even exist?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I have tried with local account as well. Other FNMS task are running fine with same account.