cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Last Used Date for some applications

Hi,

Would appreciate some help here.

We don't get the column Last used date filled in for (in this case) Microsoft applications such as Visual studio.

We are using the FlexNet agent.

Are there some set up that needs to be done in order to get this information updated?

(2) Solutions

do you have a screenshot showing what versions of Visio you have tested this on?
I only ask as Visio changed its installer package from .msi to .exe in the new o365 builds which makes the usage detection require a manual mapper on the agent in such a scenario

@wernerb this is also a good question, if its SCCM than usage detection may be limited in scope

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-collins-7aa71a3b

View solution in original post

As you are using the FlexNet agent, a first thing to check would be to look at the data shown on the Discovery & Inventory > Raw Software Usage page. Filter the grid on this page to check if any usage data for Executable name = "visio.exe" is being detected.

If you do see usage of the executable, that will lead down one path of investigation to assess why usage on the recognized application installation is not shown. One possibility is that you are affected by the matter discussed in the following thread: FlexNet Usage Data

If you do not see usage of the executable, that will lead down another path to assess why nothing is coming back from the agents.

One thing to be aware of is that current releases of the FlexNet agent primarily capture usage for applications that are installed with traditional and simply structured MSI packages. There are a range of applications which are not installed with such packages, including some applications from from Adobe, and Office 365 applications installed via the ‘click-2-run’ technology - the FlexNet agent won't (by default) gather usage for these applications. See the following thread for more comments on this: Metering Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Package Updates

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(9) Replies
Sorry, it should be MS Visio

Hello,

As information about usage is based on file evidence, I'd verify first if all file evidence related to Visio is assigned to appropriate application. Those minor versions change rather rapidly and it's possible they were not included in ARL build.

Thanks JanPie
Yes they are taken care of. Agree that they are rapidly changes
I think I have come across this before, before I go on further though just to confirm, what version of MS Visio is this?
It seems to be all versions of MS Visio

do you have a screenshot showing what versions of Visio you have tested this on?
I only ask as Visio changed its installer package from .msi to .exe in the new o365 builds which makes the usage detection require a manual mapper on the agent in such a scenario

@wernerb this is also a good question, if its SCCM than usage detection may be limited in scope

All versions below

Office Visio 2003 Professional
Office Visio 2007 Standard
Office Visio 2010 Premium
Office Visio 2010 Professional
Office Visio 2010 Standard
Office Visio 2013 Professional
Office Visio 2016 Professional
Visio Pro for Office 365 2016

As you are using the FlexNet agent, a first thing to check would be to look at the data shown on the Discovery & Inventory > Raw Software Usage page. Filter the grid on this page to check if any usage data for Executable name = "visio.exe" is being detected.

If you do see usage of the executable, that will lead down one path of investigation to assess why usage on the recognized application installation is not shown. One possibility is that you are affected by the matter discussed in the following thread: FlexNet Usage Data

If you do not see usage of the executable, that will lead down another path to assess why nothing is coming back from the agents.

One thing to be aware of is that current releases of the FlexNet agent primarily capture usage for applications that are installed with traditional and simply structured MSI packages. There are a range of applications which are not installed with such packages, including some applications from from Adobe, and Office 365 applications installed via the ‘click-2-run’ technology - the FlexNet agent won't (by default) gather usage for these applications. See the following thread for more comments on this: Metering Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Package Updates

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi

Is this Flexnet data or other data(SCCM/ADDM....) ?

You can check to see if the last used date period and minimum usage instance requirements have been configured correctly for your application.

These settings can be found in the usage tab of the software application.