cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft MLS upload issue - Creating and updating licenses

Hi All,

I have upload my MLS baseline in the system however the part "  Creating and updating licenses" I have none created. No previous licences were created.
Processing of baseline purchases has completed successfully.
0 baseline purchases were linked to a new or existing license,
0 baseline purchases encountered an error during the linking process to a new or existing license and
0 baseline purchases could not be linked to a new or existing license. 

Flexera  Creating and updating licenses.PNG

What are the best practices / ways to have this portion of the job completed other than doing it manually one by one?

(4) Replies

@Magyours - At the present time the "Accept Recommendations and Process Purchases" option on the MLS Import does not create licenses, as you have seen.

Baseline purchases are put into the Unprocessed Purchases queue with recommendations, and these recommendations can be reviewed and Accepted to create your Software Licenses.

Can you give an example of when this portion of the job is completed? As for the system to put this info there, there must be time when this specific part is completed successfully.

Hello, 

Did you ever get this Resolved. I am also new to the tool and Just tried uploading our MLS and getting the same messages as what you did.

"Processing of baseline purchases has completed successfully.
0 baseline purchases were linked to a new or existing license,
0 baseline purchases encountered an error during the linking process to a new or existing license and
0 baseline purchases could not be linked to a new or existing license"

I have also looked in the unprocessed purchases after doing this and their is no data to show? 

Thanks in Advance

nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @MPT123 , hello @Magyours ,

As a consultant, I was very careful with this MLS  import. There is a system setting to "create directly licenses from recommendations", but again, I would be careful on that.

The MLS pivot is interesting to create Purchase Orders that will stand for the active entitlement of the historically purchased and maintained licenses over the time... so, you can take the rows and create Purchase Orders in the PO Import template and import them or create the purchases (and eventually the licenses, but again, I prefer having control by processing the purchases.

The big question is: do you have unprocessed purchases created? If the answer is yes, I would simply process them manually.

Thanks

Nicolas Rousseau

Product Manager

Flexera - ITAM