douglasrfuller
Occasional contributor

Re: Microsoft 365 / Office 365 Adapter - FNMS 2019 R1 - Azure User Account Roles / Token Generation

I'm just curious if there are any plans to change the way that the Office 365 Adapter works any time in the foreseeable future?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Microsoft 365 / Office 365 Adapter - FNMS 2019 R1 - Azure User Account Roles / Token Generation

A key driver for developing the Microsoft 365 adapter was to significantly change (improve on!) how the Office 365 adapter went about things. Now that the Microsoft 365 adapter has been done and the Office 365 adapter has been deprecated, no further significant changes to the Office 365 adapter are planned.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
0 Kudos
ShaneM
Flexera beginner

I very much agree that the use-case is read only and having this level of permissions configured seems way out of scope.
I also agree that this this use-case does behave in a system-to-system context and not a user application context.  Specifically because an independent "service" account should be used for this communication which has nothing to do with the authenticated user.

This is definitely not a minor factor, for my company at least.