cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft 365 Import Question

Last years we set up the Office 365 connector successfully, and it brought in data for licensing. Each of the licenses started with Navistarinc and then included the sometimes cryptic description of the license. We got used to that. When Flexera updated the adapter, we removed the old adapter and set up the new adapter. It brought in the licensing correctly, and licenses with (for the most part) much better descriptions.

Because we have the new adapter set up, I thought it wise to delete the old licenses that started with Navistarinc, since those would no longer be updated since I deleted the adapter. The problem now is that even though I deleted the licenses, they keep coming back. Why is that? We now have two duplicate licenses, but the old one doesn't have updated counts showing consumption. The new one does show updated counts. I'm really confused.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I would guess that the "old" license records will keep on getting re-created because the original Office 365 inventory connection has not been deleted. As such, the old Office 365 data that was staged will still be staged in the compliance database and getting processed each time the import process runs.

To delete an old unwanted inventory connection, go to the system menu > Data Inputs page > Inventory Data tab, click on the connection, and click the Delete connection link.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I would guess that the "old" license records will keep on getting re-created because the original Office 365 inventory connection has not been deleted. As such, the old Office 365 data that was staged will still be staged in the compliance database and getting processed each time the import process runs.

To delete an old unwanted inventory connection, go to the system menu > Data Inputs page > Inventory Data tab, click on the connection, and click the Delete connection link.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)