cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual ARL failed

Hi Team,

I have tried to run the ARL manually in our Prod environment and getting the below error message. I have checked the community but unable to get the solution for this error.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Error message:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin>MgsI
mportRecognition.exe
[2021-08-23 11:56:36,117] [INFO ] ARL tasks (All) have begun...
[2021-08-23 11:56:36,273] [INFO ] Downloading (using WebDownloader) https://www.
managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab
[2021-08-23 11:56:36,648] [WARN ] RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 1 of 5
failed with System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
[2021-08-23 11:56:36,648] [INFO ] Waiting 10 seconds before trying again
[2021-08-23 11:56:46,851] [WARN ] RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 2 of 5
failed with System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
[2021-08-23 11:56:46,867] [INFO ] Waiting 20 seconds before trying again
[2021-08-23 11:57:07,070] [WARN ] RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 3 of 5
[2021-08-23 11:57:07,070] [INFO ] Waiting 40 seconds before trying again
[2021-08-23 11:57:47,277] [WARN ] RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 4 of 5
[2021-08-23 11:57:47,277] [INFO ] Waiting 80 seconds before trying again
^C
E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin>

Thanks,

(10) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Can you try accessing the URL from the application server? https://www.
managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab Does the server use a proxy?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi,

We have downloaded the Recognition,Purl,Purl.desktop files from Flexera and we pasted in the server.

We have run the MgsImportRecognition.exe but we are getting that error message.

We are unable to find the solution for this.

We are not using any proxy. we have error message when we ty to use the link in the server.

https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab 

Error screen shot attached.

Please help me to solve the issue. 

The same process it is running fine for Test environment.

Thanks,

ARL Error message.JPG

 

Hi,

The message occurs when the certificates used to sign the cab files are not trusted. Open for example the PURL-IBM.cab and navigate to Digital signatures.

The chain must be trusted, in this case

Root = Verisign

Inter = Symanted Class 3 SHA256 Code Signing CA

Make sure these certificates are in your trusted CA list on Windows (you may download them directly from this cab file)PURL.png

Hi mfranz,

Any help on this issue?

Thanks

Hi,

When downloading the file manually in your browser, did you get a certification warning? The error message clearly says that the download does not work. There must be a reason for this. Also have you checked that there's no proxy script or something working on this machine?

Could your app server have some (wrong) proxy settings in the registry? Please check 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion

Look for a key ProxyServer.

Best regards,

Markward

Hi,

I had the extact same issue and fixed it by importing the certificates as listed above in my first command. Because you get the issue when manually importing the cab files.

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. is almost always related to SSL/TLS or Certificates

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The command line and logging output shown here suggests that you are trying to download the content libraries. Is that what you are intending to do, or are you trying to install content libraries that you have already manually downloaded?

If you are trying to install content libraries:

To install content libraries that you have downloaded yourself, follow the steps described in the "Manual Updates of Library Data" topic in the Installing FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises PDF applicable to your version of FlexNet Manager Suite.

To locate this PDF,  go to the Flexera Product Documentation website and select your FlexNet Manager Suite version from the VERSION drop down list. The file will now be listed and available for you to download.

If you are trying to download content libraries:

The download may be failing because the https://www.managesoft.com/ site is not configured as a trusted site in your Internet settings. Try configuring it as a trusted site.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

It looks like you still have "IE Enhanced Security Configuration" active. This can interfere will all kind of things. You may try turning it off:

2021-08-24_09h04_32.png

Or maybe add managesoft.com to trusted sites.

Hi Mfranz,

I have changed the setting to Off and added the "https://www.managesoft.com"

In IE trusted sites. But still giving the  same error message.

RecognitionAfter82.cab download attempt 1 of 5

Please help on this issue.

Thanks,

Dhananjayan

Hi Mfranz,

Any help on this issue?