cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managesoft folder is not generating in temp folder in windows server

Hi Team,

For a particular Windows server even after running mgspolicy and ndtrack command , no Managesoft folder is getting generated in temp folder. I do not know why this is happening?

Let me know how to resolve this

Awaiting your kind responses

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan

(1) Solution

On Windows, the location of the 'ManageSoft' folder where Flexera agent log files are stored depends on the user account running the 'mgsPolicy.exe' or 'ndtrack.exe' executables:

• If you are running any of these applications as the Windows SYSTEM user account - which is generally the case if the Flexera agent is installed on the device and running on a schedule triggered by the Windows Service 'Flexera Inventory Manager managed device xxx' - the 'ManageSoft folder will be created below 'C:\Windows\temp'.
  • If you are running any of these applications interactively, the 'ManageSoft folder will be created below the TEMP folder configured for the user logged into this system. You can find the location of the TEMP folder by executing 'ECHO %TEMP%' from a command line.
  • If you are running any of these applications using Windows Task Scheduler, the location of the TEMP folder will be the TEMP folder configured for the Windows user account that the scheduled task is running under.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi

Depending on your setup the logs may be generated on the users temp folder. In explorer enter %temp%\managesoft

When I execute commands manually and want to ensure it comes to windows temp, then I start an elevated shell ex cmd.exe (Run as admin)

Hi, 

sorry to say, i put same command %temp%\managesoft in the search bar, but still not finding managesoft folder.

Could you please provide me any link or documents where i can find solutions for these kind of errors?

Let me know, if I missed anything

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan

@Rahul08 

Not sure if this issue is related to the other thread but perhaps the same recommendation would apply: FlexNet Manager Suite Logging Reference would be a good starting point for your investigations and troubleshooting?

And of course you can request assistance by contacting Flexera Support.

Thanks,

On Windows, the location of the 'ManageSoft' folder where Flexera agent log files are stored depends on the user account running the 'mgsPolicy.exe' or 'ndtrack.exe' executables:

• If you are running any of these applications as the Windows SYSTEM user account - which is generally the case if the Flexera agent is installed on the device and running on a schedule triggered by the Windows Service 'Flexera Inventory Manager managed device xxx' - the 'ManageSoft folder will be created below 'C:\Windows\temp'.
  • If you are running any of these applications interactively, the 'ManageSoft folder will be created below the TEMP folder configured for the user logged into this system. You can find the location of the TEMP folder by executing 'ECHO %TEMP%' from a command line.
  • If you are running any of these applications using Windows Task Scheduler, the location of the TEMP folder will be the TEMP folder configured for the Windows user account that the scheduled task is running under.