cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machines have different reporting date in AD and FNMS

Hi,

There is difference between reporting time of machines reporting to AD and machines reporting to Flexera.  Can someone help?

(6) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

I guess this is due to the fact that both reporting mechanisms are independent and completely different from each other.

Best regards,

Markward

THe AD LastLogonTimestamp attribute is always a week or so back in time.
The link below has an explainer.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/ask-the-directory-services-team/8220-the-lastlogontimestamp-attribute-8221-8211-8220-what-it-was/ba-p/396204
I agree AD is late a week or so. However, in my case, FNMS is showing old date in comparison to AD. AD is showing the latest date. What could be the issue?

Hi,

This could be caused by many things, you'll have to follow the data back to it's source.

1. Check the inventory date in the ImportedComputer table (FNMSCompliance)
  2. Check the inventory date in the InventoryReport table (FNMSInventory)
  3. Check the ndi file for this device
  4. Check the actual device (logs), when was the last data uploaded?

Best regards,

Markward

Also, I think its only proper inventory sources that would update the 'last inventory date' property, and AD isn't one of these.
j

FlexNet Manager Suite shows the date when inventory was last gathered on a specific device in the "last inventory date" field on inventory device records. The exact semantics of what this date represents will depend on the specific tooling you are using to gather inventory, but often it is the date on which some agent last ran on the computer to gather and upload inventory data.

One complexity which can arise when looking at this date if you have multiple inventory sources that provide inventory data: the last inventory date field on the inventory device record in FlexNet Manager Suite will show the last inventory gathering date a reported by the primary source for that device. If you have an inventory source explicitly marked as "primary" then the date from that source may not actually be the most recent date that inventory was gathered: another (non-primary) source may have gathered inventory more recently. You can get insight into whether this situation may apply by using the Inventory Device Matching listing that is available in recent FlexNet Manager Suite releases.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)