cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac ndi gets rejected since machineuid contans blank parenthesis

Hi All,

NDI file from mac agent is not getting processed and moving to bad logs\invalid format folder. ran the manual import from command prompt and received below error message,

Expected hex 0x in '{0}'.

File <C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories\[tenantuid]_username on mac-machine at 20210914T153019 (Full).ndi: File content was in invalid format  

On checking the ndi file we noticed the machineuid attribute contains MachineUID="{}", we removed the character {}  from the ndi file and ran the import again. this time the import was successful.

It looks like the ndi file will get processed if the machineuid  is either  blank or if  it has some values inside double quotes.

Since it is just having {}  character the file got rejected. 

By anchance did any one faced this issue? How to check from where machineUID value getting captured in MAC device? i hope we could resolved this issue if we can identify from where the agent picks {}  character for the machineUID value.

Value from NDI

<Inventory Tracker="16.0.1" Audience="machine" Scope="mac-machine.MAC" MachineName="mac-machine.MAC" MachineUID="{}" UserName="mt11-12389" UserUID="{08029A63-97B7-4BB0-AD9D-ECEFFF8D5454}" Hardware="True" Software="True" TrackFilesInUserInventory="True" DateTime="20210914T154519" Type="Full" Agent="True" AgentID="f81cca1ebc5fa71197aefd9f8eb8fdf29e6d0e230823017ccbad5677e3688f29" FileScan="False">

Thank you

Sasi

(1) Solution

One small clarification - there are actually two changes in the 2021 R1 release which help to address this issue:

1. The MacOS agent has been changed to avoid generating NDI files that fail to be imported by older inventory servers due to this issue.
  2. The inventory server has also been changed so it can successfully import NDI files generated by older MacOS agents that have missing UID values.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

This is a known issue (IOJ-2179972) that has been fixed with the 2021 R1 (17.0) Mac agent. As a workaround, it is fine to manually delete {} and leave MachineUID=""

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2021R1/EN/Status/Issues/ResolvedIssues.htm

One small clarification - there are actually two changes in the 2021 R1 release which help to address this issue:

1. The MacOS agent has been changed to avoid generating NDI files that fail to be imported by older inventory servers due to this issue.
  2. The inventory server has also been changed so it can successfully import NDI files generated by older MacOS agents that have missing UID values.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

If we use the latest mac agent package, will that generate the ndi file without the invalid characters in the "machineuid". Because currently we are in older version of inventory servers. 

Thank you

Sasi

Yes - the change to address this issue on the agent side is included in latest MacOS agent versions.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For reference, here is an article about the issue discussed in this thread: Known Issue: Inventory NDI files from MacOS devices may fail to import if MachineUID and/or UserUID values from agent are "{}" (IOJ-2179972)