cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux agent installation failed due to missing dependencies

Hi All,

Today we tried to install x86_64 agent on one of RHEL machine running in AWS, it is of aarch64 architecture.

Installation failed with below mentioned error. Do we need to install any dependencies to fix this issue or do we have separate agent package for aarch64 architecture? 

[root@ip-xx-xx-xx-xx tmp]# sh flexia-setup.sh
Installing the FlexNet inventory agent
warning: managesoft-17.3.0-1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 3eb44861: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) is needed by managesoft-17.3.0-1.x86_64

ERROR: Failed to install the FlexNet inventory agent
[root@ip-xx-xx-xx-xx tmp]#

Thank you

Sasi

(2) Solutions

Hi Sasi,

Arm processers, such as those aarch64 based, aren't currently supported as far as I know.

There is an open idea around support for Arm aarch64 processors that you may want to consider voting for: https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FNMS-I-287

Regards

Vas

View solution in original post

Hi @sasikumar_r ,

As you have indicated, a common approach would be to perform a manual import via the UI from either a .xlsx spreadsheet or CSV file. For something more regular you can set this up as a scheduled task via your Beacon if you are able to maintain updates to the spreadsheet.

You can get further information on these approaches here:

Importing Inventory Spreadsheets and CSV Files

Beyond the above, I can't think of other alternatives however others in the community may have further suggestions.

Regards

Vas

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Sasi,

Arm processers, such as those aarch64 based, aren't currently supported as far as I know.

There is an open idea around support for Arm aarch64 processors that you may want to consider voting for: https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FNMS-I-287

Regards

Vas

Hi @Vmintzikos ,

Thank you for your response!

We have around 150+ devices in AWS with aarch 64 architecture. is there is any options to get them inventoried other than manual import (one off upload /Business adapter imprt)?

Please advice.

Thank you

Sasi

Hi @sasikumar_r ,

As you have indicated, a common approach would be to perform a manual import via the UI from either a .xlsx spreadsheet or CSV file. For something more regular you can set this up as a scheduled task via your Beacon if you are able to maintain updates to the spreadsheet.

You can get further information on these approaches here:

Importing Inventory Spreadsheets and CSV Files

Beyond the above, I can't think of other alternatives however others in the community may have further suggestions.

Regards

Vas