cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Installed Application to License Record

Created a license record and specified basic downgrade rights to application, but installed application still not linking to the license record? I'm not seeing it under Consumption tab. It's weird because on the Installed Application tab shows that its licensed and also the correct license record name.

(1) Solution

Yes, for a license of type "User", you should see consumption being calculated.

In the FNMS Web UI, in the "Discovery & Inventory > Inventory > All Inventory" view, you can use the "Column Chooser" for adding the "Assigned user" column to the listing.

This will allow checking if you have users assigned to inventory devices.

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

Asking the obvious: Did you trigger a compliance import (reconcile) after doing the configuration change on the license?

Triggering a quick reconcile from the FNMS Web UI (Menu "License compliance > Reconcile") without checking the "Update inventory for reconciliation" should be all that is needed for updating the consumption data on your license(s).

Yes, its reconciled

Could you provide the following screenshots, please:

1. The License (Applications tab)
  2. The Application (Devices Tab)
I can't do that but on license application tab it shows the versions I've selected for the software. On the application device tab it just shows the same version I chose for the license application tab.

What license type (metric) did you configure on your license?

-Named License,
-Volume Purchase,
-Status Active,
-Time Limited
-basic downgrade rights for any version and edition
-One entitlement allows an end-user to access unlimited installations
-Allocations consume license entitlements
-Access granted to users, or usage, consumes license entitlements

What do you mean by "Named License"?

In case you selected "Named User" in the "License type" drop down, you must assign users to this license manually. FNMS will only calculate consumption for this license type if

• users are assigned to the license
  • users are assigned to inventory devices where the software has been detected

Typically, a business adapter (MGSBI) will be used for assigning users to this license type.

My bad. I meant "Named User"
If we change it to "User" instead, will it calculate?

- Believe the users are already assigned to inventory devices. I see it in "Installed Applications" and the "Device tab" for the application.

Yes, for a license of type "User", you should see consumption being calculated.

In the FNMS Web UI, in the "Discovery & Inventory > Inventory > All Inventory" view, you can use the "Column Chooser" for adding the "Assigned user" column to the listing.

This will allow checking if you have users assigned to inventory devices.

It calculated the users. Thanks!