cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link VM to Host

Hi, 

I am discovering a VM and managed to get it's information and inventory

When I look at the VM properties, there is no Host linked

My intention is to get the VM along with the host automatically, how do I do this?

(1) Solution

Hi @indahnurapriani ,

is it a licensed software from VMware? and what product you have installed on your laptop for creating a VM on your laptop and is it domain joined?

Can you check if you are able to ping the laptop from your Beacon and is this IP subnet mapped to the beacon?

Do you have a flexera agent installed on your laptop? the steps i suggested is for the Data center infra and never came across this kind of scenario. Please provide more details if any.

Regards,

winvarma

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi,

This can be achieved by having a read only access to the Vcenter's and the ESX server hosts and its user details its credentials  are saved appropriately in the password manager in the Beacon UI. This will help gathering the relationship between the vcenter's and the ESX hosts its managing and the guests running on the ESX which will be populated in the device details. 

Regards,

Winvarma 

Hi @winvarma 

I have the VM on my laptop

I managed to get both my local and my VM, yet they are not linked

Hi @indahnurapriani ,

is it a licensed software from VMware? and what product you have installed on your laptop for creating a VM on your laptop and is it domain joined?

Can you check if you are able to ping the laptop from your Beacon and is this IP subnet mapped to the beacon?

Do you have a flexera agent installed on your laptop? the steps i suggested is for the Data center infra and never came across this kind of scenario. Please provide more details if any.

Regards,

winvarma