cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit License by Inventory Device Type or Category?

I have 2 licenses I am creating in Flexnet, 1 is for workstations/desktops and the other for servers/virtual hosts.

Is there a license type that could automatically assign license based on the devices "Inventory Device Type" or "Inventory Device Category"?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no capability built-in to do this. Depending on your scenario, you may be able to find some way to allocate relevant devices to appropriate licenses - such as with a business adapter.

In the meantime, do consider voting for and commenting on the following idea which is relevant to this need: ITAM-I-116: Enhanced License Scoping/Restriction Capabilities to help automate/optimize License Consumption

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

There is no capability built-in to do this. Depending on your scenario, you may be able to find some way to allocate relevant devices to appropriate licenses - such as with a business adapter.

In the meantime, do consider voting for and commenting on the following idea which is relevant to this need: ITAM-I-116: Enhanced License Scoping/Restriction Capabilities to help automate/optimize License Consumption

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)