cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License and Maintenance Expiry

In the license and maintenance expiry page, I have an alert for Overdue maintenance. It will only let me select one line at a time and Move Maintenance. If I try to select more than one line, the Move Maintenance is greyed out. Why is this? I can select other lines after I'm in the Move Maintenance window. Also, could someone expand on the help instructions regarding moving the entire chain of related purchases below? Nothing changes when I follow these steps. Not sure if its because I am looking at Overdue and not a future expiry date. Tip: For a consistent record of entitlements and related maintenance,you should move the entire chain of related purchases, back to the earliestpossible purchase that relates to your planned move. A helpful way toachieve this is:a.Select Show only maintenance purchases withoutrenewals to display only the most recent purchasesin any date-related series of purchases. b.Adjust the Transfer quantity for the mostrecent purchase. c.Clear the Show only maintenance purchases withoutrenewals so that all purchases are visible. d.Click Recalculate. This works the change backthrough all purchases that FlexNet Manager Suite has identifiedas a related chain of purchases.
(1) Solution
In this case you can go to All Licenses, check the license in question and click 'Move Maintenance'. You will then see a list of purchases linked to this license and can select which purchases and how many of each purchase you wish to move. You can then select an existing license to move them to, or you can create a new license as part of the process. If the objective is to move the entire purchase just make sure to enter the full amount of the purchase(s) in the field which asks how many you wish to move. If you choose to move only partial amounts of the purchase(s) you will continue to see the purchase(s) associated with both licenses but only the chosen amounts will be assigned and contribute to the Licenses' purchase counts.

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Kathy,

License and Maintenance Expiry does show one line per license. Selecting multiple licenses to move entitlements/maintenance, does not make sense in most cases. It is the same behaviour as in the All licenses view and I think it is by design.

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks Mark. In this case there is only 1 license in question but that license has several purchases linked to it that have maintenance expiration. The lines I see are for the expired purchases.
spierce
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran
Hi Kathy, Can I just confirm the use case here so that I can comment further on the procedure to use? Is your objective to move multiple historical maintenance purchases from one license to another to to partial renewal of the maintenance recently? For example, perhaps you need to keep 15 of 20 licenses showing as having active maintenance and move the other 5 (and all historical purchases related to them) to a different license at a specific version?
In this case I was wanting to move multiple purchases from one license to another.
In this case you can go to All Licenses, check the license in question and click 'Move Maintenance'. You will then see a list of purchases linked to this license and can select which purchases and how many of each purchase you wish to move. You can then select an existing license to move them to, or you can create a new license as part of the process. If the objective is to move the entire purchase just make sure to enter the full amount of the purchase(s) in the field which asks how many you wish to move. If you choose to move only partial amounts of the purchase(s) you will continue to see the purchase(s) associated with both licenses but only the chosen amounts will be assigned and contribute to the Licenses' purchase counts.

Why would moving maintenance lead to this result...my intention was to move maint for 4 not change the maint on the original order of 16

beth_melendez2_0-1578946109828.png

Hi Beth,

If you could expand on your objective a little I can hopefully help out.  For example:

• How many base purchases and maintenance do you start with?
  • How many of each do you want to move to another license?
  • Does the target license already have the base purchases?
  • Etc

PS – if you need only to move maintenance volumes to a license with existing base purchases you can open the maintenance purchase, go to the Licenses tab and re-assign volumes of the purchases between multiple licenses from there.

Stewart