cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License allocation

Is there a report in FNMS you can run to find all inactive users or devices that are allocated to a license?

(4) Replies
  • For users
    •  you need to create a custom report for this and filter by/group by users status
  • For Devices:
    • Ideally you are controlling inventory device status via the linked asset status.
      • A retired asset will not consume a license as all applications and all licenses are removed from the linked  inventory device

Regards,

Let me know if I'm hijacking this thread @kathy_allen and I'll open a new one.  Problem I see when I try this is when 2 applications are installed on a device, and it counts towards the same license, (eg 2 versions are installed) you'll see that device listed twice in the reports.  Managers running those reports look at the total count and see inflated figures.

Do you know how to show unique devices or users against a license via Reports?  I'm after the same as you can see in the Management > License properties > consumption page.  Appreciate the help!

Thankyou, Karen.

Hi @karenh 

I do think that is a different issue ideally addressed in a separate thread.  The quick answer is that if you run an installations report, you will get a report of all installations - hence double counting devices.  .  The answer to this, in my experience, either of:

1. Cleanse/mark the duplicate via excel -  we seldom let end users have direct access to the data as it requires understanding

2. Create a custom sql report to show consumption - remembering that some devices are consuming (hosts) even without installs), and some devices have installs but do not consume (datacenter type licenses for Oracle IBM, MS)

thankyou @Nico_Erasmus that answers my question too, sorry I won't hijack again 🙂