cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Type to use in FNMS - Channel License?

Hello,

We have purchased a TeamViewer Premium Channel License Subscription, which is described on their site with "allows multiple licensed users access a single concurrent session" 

https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/buy-now/

We are trying to decide what license type to use for this: Named User, User, Site, Enterprise etc.

Has anyone else bought this before and how what license type did you use and why?

Thanks,

ES

(1) Solution
Just checked out the licensing and with the channel license you use the management console to create groups or channels to assign users that can use it concurrently.

As a result, without something connecting to the APIs to pull the group configurations it would be difficult to automate.

Probably the closest you can get is to use Named User licenses for each channel and then allocate the users to the licenses and then override the consumption to the maximum concurrent usage you have configured for that channel.

As teamviewer will stop more than this maximum from using it at any one time this would mean that you won’t go over the limits you have configured.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
I haven't done one of these yet, but I would think it would be a Concurrent User license type.
Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
Concurrent is possibly correct however it’s manually managed in FNMS u less you have an export from FNMEA which in turn would require support for it.

Other option is User license which would show the installs across users but not whether they are using it concurrently.
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
Just checked out the licensing and with the channel license you use the management console to create groups or channels to assign users that can use it concurrently.

As a result, without something connecting to the APIs to pull the group configurations it would be difficult to automate.

Probably the closest you can get is to use Named User licenses for each channel and then allocate the users to the licenses and then override the consumption to the maximum concurrent usage you have configured for that channel.

As teamviewer will stop more than this maximum from using it at any one time this would mean that you won’t go over the limits you have configured.