cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Compliance

Hi,

I intend to do a license compliance and somewhat a bit confused

- On License Compliance > All Licenses, why there is no list of licenses on my page at all? Hence I created one

- I create a Windows 10 license, I have 1 Windows 10 on the license's Application tab. When I reconcile it, it doesn't calculate the Consumed license.  Do I have to do something with the inventory data beforehand?

(1) Solution

@indahnurapriani 

The SKU library gets imported by one of the scheduled tasks on the application server.

I would recommend that you attend some of the online training available in the Learning Center to get a quick overview of the solution and how it works.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi @indahnurapriani 

How long have you worked on FNMS? 

And how long has your business had FNMS?

What is your role with FNMS?

The situation you describe sounds like you have access to a  lab system.

That said.  Start with having a device license type.  Then ensure your one device is reporting processor and core information.

Regards,

Further, please ensure you have done a recon after creating the license

@Nico_Erasmus 

-I am new to FNMS and exploring the tools in the moment.

-Would you mind to give link/docs regarding this information "having a device license type"?

-If that's the case, is there any rule need to be applied so that the inventory would be automatically calculated on the license?

Yes, I always reconcile after I do changes on the license

Hi.

The rules to licensing reside more with the vendors - ie Microsoft license Desktop OS's by Device, USer, or named user with the M365 licenses.

Else, if you have the sku, you can use that to create the license and it will create with the correct or appropriate license type.

Suggest you review the training in the portal and consult with others in your organisation.

Regards

Hi @Nico_Erasmus 

Does SKU library usually installed separately or it is also installed when we install FNMS?

@indahnurapriani 

The SKU library gets imported by one of the scheduled tasks on the application server.

I would recommend that you attend some of the online training available in the Learning Center to get a quick overview of the solution and how it works.

Thanks,